Waste Type Profile: Glass
Glass waste is a common issue across the globe. Because glass is 100% recyclable without loss of purity or quality, it can be reused and recycled over and over again. Recycling this material can be of great benefit to many businesses. Crushing glass is a cost effective solution because recycling waste glass is a more sustainable alternative in comparison to manufacturing new glass as this will lower your carbon footprint.
Why Use A PEL Bottle Crusher?
PEL Waste Reduction Equipment offer a patented range of bottle crushers. These are ideally suited for the hospitality industry or any business that produces waste glass bottles or other waste glass containers in the course of their daily business operations.
- The Jaws range will reduce disposal costs and lower bottle volume by up to 80%.
- It will allow staff to prioritise customer service over moving empty bottle bins throughout the bar.
- It creates a more spacious working environment and eliminates storing empty bottles.
- Crushing glass lowers your carbon footprint by reducing excessive collections.
- And also reduces the workload on staff by eliminating the need to segregate empty bottles.
PEL offer a variety of patented models across the range of JAWS Bottle Crushers. There are multiple options available from single fed units to volume fed units. One of PEL’s most popular and cost effective bottle crusher is the PEL BB01 Baby Jaws model.
The BB01 bottle crusher saves storage space, waste glass disposal costs and labour. The BB01 will fit under standard height bar counters, and it allows the staff to crush waste bottles as they are poured or returned from the floor. Because of its location within the bar setting this creates efficiency for staff and therefore increases focus on serving customers.
Some features of the BB01 include:
- It reduces bottle volume by up to 80%.
- The crushed glass also known as cullet, is collected in a tote box and it can hold up to 95 bottles once crushed.
- Crushed glass produced by BB01 is 100% reprocessable and can be recyclable into new bottles.
- This is a Plug and play under the counter single fed unit.
Speak to PEL today about how to reduce your waste glass disposal costs by up to 80%, or visit our website for further information on the models available in our bottle crusher range at www.pelmfg.com
PEL in Ballindine, Co. Mayo is a leading manufacturer of bottle crushers, bin compactors, vertical balers and IoT litter bins serving a global customer base via offices in Ireland, the UK and a network of international distributors. The BriteBin™ is the latest addition to the product range and adds to PEL’s recognition as leading innovator in the waste reduction market.